I've be a fan of Second Life for a while now (message me to exchange avatar IDs) and even have a relative who has worked in the SL world professionally, so it's great to see parts of Microsoft responding to the opportunity it presents.
There was recently a launch party in Second Life to unveil a second Microsoft island (and even a blimp!) dedicated to providing information, events, and of course interesting things such as puzzles to play with. You can visit http://visualstudioisland.com to sign up for Second Life or, if you already have SL, visit the island directly via secondlife://Microsoft/151/219/22.
Here's the island overview video (via http://micromiel.com/2007/05/09/visual-studio-in-second-life/):
"We're participating in a worldwide virtual career fair in Second Life from May 15th through 17th. Second Life is a very cool, wildly popular virtual world, and we'll be meeting and interviewing candidates during the job fair on "TMP Island", so named because of the career fair hosts, TMP Worldwide."
Other related articles:
- "Visual Studio in Second Life"
- "Microsoft Flies a Blimp into Second Life"
- "Visual Studio Island Launched in Second Life"
- "Microsoft gets new island, blimp for Second Life"
- "The Games Have Begun - MIcrosoft Island Launches"
- "We Have Our First Two Winners in the 'What's in the Blimp?' Hunt"