Hot off the press, the Patterns & Practices team's Tom Hollander has announced the availability of the first Community Technology Preview (CTP) of Enterprise Library v3.0!
Download it from the new CodePlex site at http://www.codeplex.com/entlib.
Some highlights from Tom's post:
- Source Code installer
- Partial Trust Support
- Strong-Named Binary Assemblies
Validation Application Block
- Core validation API
- Minimal Validator Library
- Attaching validators to objects via attributes
- Attaching validators to objects via configuration
- Not included yet (but in the works): Configuration tool support, complete validator library, integration with ASP.NET, Windows Forms, WCF etc.
Data Access Application Block
- SQL Server Compact Edition Support
- New Database.UpdateDatabase overload with updateBatchSize parameter
- Visual Studio IDE integration
- AppSettings support
- Encryption support
Application Block Software Factory
- Templates and recipes for creating application blocks and provider libraries
- Preliminary documentation
Strong Naming Guidance Package
- Recipes to assist in strong-naming and updating [InternalsVisibleTo] across multiple projects
Don't forget to be among the first to provide feedback for the team via the CodePlex forums.