The New England launch event for Visual Studio Team System's new Database Professionals role is coming to the Boston area (Waltham) on December 14th from 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM.
This new Team System role complements the existing Architect, Tester, and Developer roles, providing many new features for working with databases:
- The new Visual Studio Database Project allows you to import your database schema and place it under source control. When the time comes to deploy schema changes the new project system allows you to quickly build update scripts and then provides a mechanism to deploy them to the database of your choice
- Rename Refactoring allows you to easily rename any object in your database and be assured that all references to that object will be renamed to correspond to the change
- A New T-SQL editor allows you to be more productive when writing T-SQL code from within Visual Studio including support for parallel execution of queries and viewing of execution plans
- SchemaCompare allows you to quickly compare the schema of two databases (or your source controlled project and a database) and script updates to bring the database schemas into sync
- DataCompare allows you to quickly compare two databases and script updates to bring the data in these databases into sync
- The Database Unit Testing infrastructure allows you to create database unit tests using T-SQL or managed code
- DataGenerator lets you create data generation plans that produce repeatable sets of meaningful data based upon your existing production databases that can be deployed to a database prior to running unit tests thus ensuring consistent test results
You can read more about these features here.
Hope to see you there!
Keeping competitive means leveraging your data to provide your people with the tools they need to drive sales, efficiencies, and customer satisfaction. Visual Studio Team 2005 Edition for Database Professionals delivers a market-shifting database development product designed to manage database change, improve software quality through database testing, and bring the benefits of Visual Studio Team System and life cycle development to the database professional.
Join us at one of 23 cities to learn how Visual Studio 2005 for Database Professionals can help your SQL DBAs and Visual Studio developers.
Register today at http://www.teams-deliver.com to avoid disappointment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
WHERE ARE THE EVENTS?