JQuery and SharePoint 2010 Javascript Conflict


Hi,


Yesterday I faced a problem with a PoC I did some months ago. I added a ratings feature to SharePoint 2007 Lists using JQuery.


There were a conflict caused by sp.js and jquery.js using prototype methods. I just followed the recomendations to avoid it.


As I had put everything in my document ready area, I just reassigned JQuery, and use the new variable at that level:


var $j = jQuery;


$j(document).ready(function(){
 $j(‘div.rating’).rating();
});


This should remind us to double check our client code in SharePoint 2007 migration scenarios.


Bye!


 

Comments (0)

Skip to main content