There are about 750 UX designers and researchers working at Microsoft. People in the UX community are often very surprised to hear about it. I think part of it is we haven’t given our designers enough opportunities to talk about what they do and what’s it like to work as designers at Microsoft. During my spare time when visiting Redmond, I try to talk to as many designers as possible from different product teams and share with you their stories.
- What’s your role and responsibilities?
- Why did you decide to join Microsoft as a UX Designer?
- What are some design challenges for designing mobile interfaces?
- What’s it like to work at Microsoft as a designer?
- What’s the collaboration like within the design team?
- What contributes to a great designer?
Aaron Woo is an Interaction Designer on the Windows Mobile design team working on the next version of Windows Mobile. Before coming to Microsoft he graduated from the University of Washington with a BFA in visual communication design. He is currently entering his second year working full-time at Microsoft.