[Mini-Tutorial] Creating a Silverlight Video Gallery

image

As I promised in one of my  earlier posts to do a tutorial on how to create a Silverlight Video Gallery, here is the mini-tutorial (about 10 mins). It has two parts:

• Use Expression Encoder 2 to create a standard Silverlight video gallery
  • Customize your video gallery in Expression Blend and save it back to Encoder as a template for future use

To follow the mini-tutorial, you need the following software:

Watch it streaming below or download it here.

1. leny says:

I need to download it, can you put a link, for the video that is

2. Awesome thanks!!!

I was able to quickly build a video gallery of my newborn baby with this Reflection template…

The only thing is I was not able to have the player on my website and host only the videos on Live Streaming… too bad!

3. qixing says:

Laurent,

Why can’t you include the video player on your website? Once you upload to Silverlight streaming, it’ll return you a "iframe" code segment, which can be embedded to web pages.

Qixing

4. Expressate! says:

Ya he mencionado antes cómo crear reproductores de video basados en Silverlight utilizando Expression

5. Laurent says:

I just want to host the video, not the app…

6. Kanwal says:

Is it possible to add an existing silverlight media file from my silverlight live account and not have to force Expression Encoder to encode the file again.

7. Nick says:

Hi Mrs Qixing Zheng,

once I have created the video gallery, is it possible to programmatically (C# dll, WebService , anything …) control the video list, in order to add/remove videos?

If so, how?

If NOT, then what would you suggest me as the best way to achieve this using Microsoft Expression Studio or Visual studio .NET?

Thanks

8. qixing says:

Hi Nick,

It’s definitely possible to dynamically link the videos to the playlist with code. You may want to check out this Silverlight presentation for example: http://videos.visitmix.com/MIX08/CT02

Thanks, Qixing