Today is very exiting for the Zune team here in Canada. The new family of Zune products (4GB, 8GB, and 80GB) are available in Canada, in stores like Future Shop, Wal-Mart, HMV, Best Buy, and The Source by Circuit City. Zune has everything you expect in a digital media player plus FM radio, wireless sync & sharing, and an online music community called Zune Social. I especially like how the Zune team is highlighting Canadian artists through the launch campaign. Users can get their customized device using Zune Originals, an online service that let them customize their devices with laser-etched text dedications, or artwork from some amazing artists. To celebrate Zune’s launch in Canada, Zune Originals now also includes 7 designs from 6 Canadian artists and etching is FREE to Canadians for the first 3 months!
In the video below, Toronto based artist, Derrick Hodgson talks about his artwork with Zune.
www.zune.ca: Download free Zune software and join the Zune Social online community
www.zuneoriginals.ca: Customize a Zune with artwork from Canadian artists
www.zunenews.ca: Get the latest Zune information and high-resolution images
Zune launch events this weekend:
- Date: June 13th 3:30-4:30pm
- Event: Live performance at retail featuring Wintersleep (2008 Juno Award winners of “New Group of the Year”)
- Where: Best Buy, Bay & Dundas St. (beside amazing store front: see below)
- Date: June 14th 10pm – 2am
- Event: Brand experience at Rockstar Hotel evening before MMVAs (Much Music Video Awards)