The Ultimate Steal

Check out this deal (launched yesterday) for Office if you haven't seen it. For Canadian university and college students, you can get Office 2007 Ultimate for just $64 CAD. There is also a more flexible way to acquire Office, which is to get the one year subscription license for only $22 CAD. I'm excited about the low price and flexibility we are offering to students.

image

I've been using Office 2007 since I joined in March. The new Ribbon interface helped me to discover some new features in Office that I wasn't aware they existed before. There are two applications within Office that I never used before are now the heavy weights of my daily usage. One I really enjoy is the Office Groove. Our team use it to collaborate with one another, and I personally use it to synchronize my files between laptops. The other one Office OneNote. I use it as my information organizer: taking meeting notes (both text and drawings), reviewing papers and presentations (i.e. there is a print function to layout your doc or ppt for review in OneNote), recording links and websites that I found interesting. The main thing is you never need to save in OneNote. Everything you add is automatically saved and you can use search to find it. Since I use a tablet PC,I can use my stylus to handwrite notes and convert them to text.

I hope this deal will provide an easy and affordable way for our students to enjoy Office at home, and I'm looking forward to hearing your stories of using Office 2007.

Technorati Tags: ,

1. Nathaniel says:

Did you notice this part "Download Office Ultimate 2007: If you don’t want to download, you can also order a physical DVD during the purchase process for a small charge. "

Where is the option to get the DVD on the order page?

2. qixing says:

Good question! I can’t seem to find the DVD oder option either.

It says on the promotion rule page:

"Eligible students can obtain the Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 software by downloading or ordering a disk from the official Promotion web site. The cost of ordering a disk is $13 CDN."

You probably want to contact the Contact Customer Service on the FAQ page.

3. Kevin says:

Sadly, this offer doesn’t seem to include students from Athabasca University 🙁

4. Kirk says:

I purchased the Ultimate Steal in Sept, 2007.  I have purchased a new laptop, how can I transfer the product key from my previous install onto my new laptop?

5. qixing says:

Hi Kirk,

You should be able to enter the product key again after you install Office on your new computer. Did you try if it works?

6. Kirk says:

I have installed office 2007, but I am unable to activate it, it says the key has already been activated the maximum number of times allowed.  Is there a way I can activate Office on my new laptop?

7. qixing says:

Hi Kirk,

Please send an email to qixing.zheng@microsoft.com with your problem. We’ll take this offline and look it more closely.

Thanks, Qixing