Please see the part II of this post here, which includes resources for Silverlight.
Where can I learn more about Windows Presentation Foundation and Expression Studio? How can I build rich user experience in Expression Studio based on WPF? While I was learning Microsoft’s new presentation platform (WPF) and creative design tools (Expression), I collected the following list of resources I'd like to share with you. I’ll update this list as my journey continues.
- .Net Framework WPF site which includes a nice introduction of WPF.
- Expression Product Site: you can get a quick overview on the products and download trials for all four tools.
- Expression Launch 07 Webcast is available.
- Microsoft Design: a central place to communicate about Microsoft’s design culture, mission, experiences, people, and much more.
- Expression Team Blog: provides updated Expression product news, links to samples and tutorials. There are links to individual team member’s blogs on the site as well.
- IRhetoric - Karsten Januszewski : full of great examples of WPF applications.
- Tim Sneath's Blog: contains a series of posts tilted “great WPF applications.” He also has a post on great WPF blogs, which includes an extensive list of blogs focused on WPF and Expression Studio.
- Lester’s WPF Blog: example based blog posts focused on XAML and WPF, WPF/E applications.
- The WPF Blog by Lee Brimelow: tons of hands-on examples offered by Lee (even with WPF/E and Flash integration example.) He also archives his video tutorials under the ContentPresenter site.
- Expression Web blog by Andrew Jewsbury: focuses on Expression Web. There is a recent post about the white paper published by the Expression Web team to help FrontPage users make the transition to Expression Web and the world of Web standards.
- Design Thinking Digest by Chris Bernard: thoughts on design and innovation. There is a great post on challenges and opportunities for Expression Blend.
- Channel 9 Expression videos: a four part video on Expression including Blend, Web, and Design.
- Expression Web Essential Training with Joe Marini: “From understanding the concept of smart web design, to creating, editing, and maintaining a web site, instructor Joe Marini, Group Product Manager at Microsoft, gives his insider tips for real-world web site design using Expression Web.”
- Expression Blend Beta Preview with Lee Brimelow: “Instructor Lee Brimelow explores all of the application's features and capabilities, from the user interface panels to creating and importing assets. He also covers integrating 3D content, using WPF text controls, layout controls, and user input controls, and creating animated effects.”
- Expression Web Total Training
- XAML Tutorial
You can get fast response to your detailed technical questions by WPF and Expression team members in these discussion lists.
- MSDN WPF forum
- Expression Discussion
- Expression Blend Discussion
- Expression Design Discussion
- Expression Web Discussion
- MIX University: a site dedicated to the next generation of web experience. On the site, you can find demos for ASP.NET AJAX, gadgets, WPF/E, hands-on labs for Expression and much more.
- ExpressionBlend.com by Brennon Williams: “the primary aim of this site is to assist developers and designers in how to use the exciting new user interface (UI)/ user experience (UE)development tool from Microsoft, Expression Blend.”
- By-Expression by Cheyl D. Wise: a great place to learn about Expression Web. Cheyl is the author of Foundations of Expression Web: The Basics and Beyond.
- Learn Expression offers free video tutorials for learning Expression tools.
Bonus: Microsoft blog directory