So, what do you think about Qixing?
My name is Qixing Zheng.
I am a recent Master's graduate (last Dec.) from the University of British Columbia. The following are the top reasons why I should be Microsoft's connection to the Canadian UX community, a.k.a. the Canadian User Experience Advisor.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, specializing in Human-Computer Interaction. My thesis is published in the proceeding of SIGCHI 2006.
- Strong design (information, interaction, and visual) and usability evaluation background (3 years) as well as software development (5 years). I have received extensive formal training in all areas of user centered design.
- Used all the MS Expression Beta products in my recent projects. As a user and designer, I would like to embrace this exciting new technology and share my stories to the design community.
- A clear sense of good user experience and a passion to achieve it. I would like to introduce MS Expression as the product that gives designers a simple, consistent, pleasing, and reliable experience. Moreover, I am confident I can demonstrate how these new tools provide a fresher user experience than existing tools.
- My academic background allows me to not only connect to the design community in industry but also the academic research community. I can see the Expression Tools being a great asset to them in quickly building interactive research prototypes and testing innovative design ideas locally or remotely.
I created a personal website after seeing the job post to show my qualifications and passion. Personal Website: http://www.qixingzheng.com/
You can read more about my passion for user experience, my resume, portfolio, the UX blogs I love to read, and much more on the site. I hope I will have the opportunity to meet you in person.