The other day I wanted to run some test regarding Lync Server 2010 and SharePoint. Unfortunately, I found the next error message:
"Not Available: Failure occured while attemmpting to check the schema state. Please ensure Active Directory is reachable"
After some time pulling my hair out checking DNS settings, DC connections and so on I decided to check the official documentation.
Unfortunately, I found that I was wasting my time in something that was unsupported 🙁
"You cannot collocate any Exchange Unified Messaging (UM) component or SharePoint component with any Lync Server role."
Next time I will read the documentation first instead of doing experiments 🙂 .
Héctor Calvarro Martín. SharePoint Dev/Core. Microsoft Support Escalation Engineer for EMEA