It’s currently available Service Pack 1 of SharePoint 2010 and the cummulative of June 2011.. but, How should we update the environment?
The update process is completely different than the latest CUs.
The process is as follows: (BTW, On mixed environments with Office Web Apps 2010 SP1 and later and SPS 2010 RTM you must install the KBs 2510639 & 2510648 before starting the process and execute the configuraction wizard)
- Install SharePoint Foundation 2010 SP1
- Install SharePoint Foundation 2010 Language Packs SP1 (of the LPs installed)
- Install SharePoint Server 2010 SP1 (If you are installed in SPS 2010)
- Install SharePoint Server 2010 SP1 Language Packs SP1 (if you are installed in SPS 2010 and for the LPs installed)
- Install Office Web Apps SP1 (If applies)
- Install Fast Server 2010 SP1 (If applies)
You should execute ejecutar psconfig –cmd upgrade –inplace b2b -wait in each server after the installation of the packages.
7. Eventually, Install SharePoint Designer 2010 SP1
Finally, I would like to share the whitepaper explaining the new functionalities
Héctor Calvarro Martín. SharePoint Dev. Microsoft Support Engineer for DEV EMEA