I’m very excited to announce that we have released Dynamics AX 2012 R2 Cumulative Update 7 (aka CU7) to CustomerSource and PartnerSource. This is the third CU released for Dynamics AX 2012 R2 (we skipped 2, 3, 4, and 5 to align with AX 2012 RTM CU numbering). For users of Project Management and Accounting, there is a lot of new functionality that will give you a head start on the new capabilities arriving with the R3 release early next year.
You can get an overview of new functionality here: http://technet.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/dn527160.aspx. Here is a high level list of features:
- Use Microsoft Project (client) to create or update a Microsoft Dynamics AX project plan.
- Use Microsoft Project (client) to create or update the work breakdown structure (WBS) for a Microsoft Dynamics AX project quotation.
- Create a WBS template for Microsoft Dynamics AX by using Microsoft Project (client).
- Use Microsoft Project (client) to integrate Dynamics AX projects with an Office 365 SharePoint project site.
- Expanded support for working with project teams, defining project role types, and managing project resources.
- Expanded support for managing worker assignments and capacity in projects.
- Enable audit trails on timesheet entry.
- Improved creation of project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
- Improvements for creating project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) templates.
- Improved creation of project budgets and budget revisions.
- Intercompany invoicing for project costs (time and expenses).
I encourage you to download the release and post your feedback. Over the next few weeks, I will dive into these areas in more detail. For now, I’m headed to Convergence EMEA in Barcelona. Hope to see you there.