Another year, another TechEd! It’s hard to imagine, but this will be my 8th consecutive Tech Ed (I’ve been at MS for 10 years now) and the 4th since we released Reporting Services. A nice change of pace this year is that the show is in Boston, not somewhere like Orlando or Dallas. Not that there is anything wrong with those other cities, but typically big conferences are in cities when no one else wants to be there.
Anyway, if you are attending this year, I’ve got a few sessions that you might want to check out:
- BIN307 “The 2007 Microsoft Office System: SharePoint and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Integration Explained”. Tuesday, June 13 from 10:15 AM – 11:30 AM in 157 ABC.
- BIN310 “SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Management and Security”. Wednesday, June 14 8:30 AM – 9:45 AM in 253 ABC. This session will actually be simulcast on the web so you can watch it even if you aren’t attending.
- BIN314 “SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services: Advanced Report Design”. This is actually my manager Jason’s session. It’s Tuesday, June 13 2:45 PM – 4:00 PM, 102 AB with a repeat on Wednesday, June 14 3:45 PM – 5:00 PM, 102 AB.
- BIN212 “Second Annual Business Intelligence Power Hour”. This is the new edition of the somewhat infamous an all-demo session where we show you things that you can do with the MS BI products that won’t see anywhere else. It’s Wednesday, June 14 from 5:30 PM – 6:45 PM in room 109 AB.
I’ve got a couple of chalk talks as well. These are less formal sessions where I will answer questions in front of a white board. These take place in the TLC Theatre (That’s technical Learning Center, not Tender Loving Care <g>).
- BINTLC02 “Embedding Rich Reports in Your Application with the Report Controls in Visual Studio 2005”. Monday, June 12 10:45 AM – 12:00 PM, BIN Theater
- BINTLC18 “SQL Server 2005 Report Services: Security Best Practices”. The online schedule doesn’t show it, but it is scheduled for Thursday, June 15 1:00 PM – 2:15 PM.
If you can’t make it to any of the sessions, I will also be available to answer your questions in the Business Intelligence TLC. I won’t be able to talk much about Katmai but I’ll do my best to let you know what is under consideration.