Team Explorer 2012 keyboard shortcuts

Team Explorer 2012 has the following keyboard shortcuts for the built-in pages.  We are adding some shortcuts within the pages for RTM.

UPDATE 08/20/12:  The last seven shortcuts were added for RTM.

Shortcut Team Explorer Page
Ctrl+Down Arrow Move focus to the next visible section header
Alt+Left Navigate backward
Alt+Right Navigate forward
Alt+Home Focus the navigation control
Alt+0 Focus the page top level content
Alt+[1-9] Focus the visible section [1-9] level content
Alt+Up Focus the previous visible section content
Alt+Down Focus the next visible section content

Follow me at twitter.com/tfsbuck

1. Automation Planet says:

Thanks Buck, very helpful!

2. Carsti says:

For me, Ctr+0,M doesn't work. So either I'm doing it wrong or I'm done and can head out to the beach…

3. buckh says:

Carsten, Ctrl+0,M will only work when using a TFS 2012 server, as the My Work window will not show when connected to an older server. If you are connected to a TFS 2012 server, including tfspreview.com, and it doesn't work, let me know so that we can look into it.

4. Thanks, Buck.  Is this documented "officially" anywhere?

5. buckh says:

I'm not sure, but I've asked.

6. Juliano says:

Is there any reason for the dev team to leave Source Control Explorer out of this? It seems to be the only main option missing a shortcut, and it is arguably one of the most used.

7. Juliano Goncalves says:

Sorry for double posting, I forgot that I could login to receive notifications of the reply. Please reply to this post instead of the previous one.

8. buckh says:

Juliano, I checked with the main dev on this, and here's what said.

Alt+V,E,S will open SCE via the View->OtherWindows menu out of the box.  Since SCE is not a Team Explorer page, it doesn’t have one of the precious few Ctrl+0 rooted keys assigned to it.  We are using those only for experiences inside Team Explorer.

There is a workaround, though.  The user can bind the key of their choice for the View.TfsSourceControlExplorer command using Tools->Options->Keyboard.

Skip to main content