The folks at Attrice have released a new version of their MSBuild Sidekick, and it now includes a visual debugger for msbuild. If you've ever tried to debug a build process, you know how tedious it can be and will want to check this out.
We are happy to announce the release of version 2.3 of MSBuild Sidekick!
Many of you would remember “How would you spend $100 on MSBuild?” poll published on MSBuild Team Blog. MSBuild users were asked to vote on most valuable future features in MSBuild; and while we could not improve MSBuild engine performance or add inline tasks support we did implement visual debugger for MSBuild! MSBuild Sidekick v2.3 is now the one-stop solution for all your debugging needs such as stepping through the build, inspecting locals and setting breakpoints.
The new features in MSBuild Sidekick v2.3 are:
- Visual debugger (you can analyze build sequence using diagram) with breakpoints support and integrated Globals/Autos windows for viewing properties/items values during debugging
- Customized editors and integrated online help for MSBuild Extension Pack tasks
- Ability to cancel a running build
- Ability to edit Project element raw XML
- Auto-detection of latest .NET Framework on tool installation