We all knew this day would come and so it has. Well actually that day was yesterday (10/31) but due to Hurricane Sandy I’m a day late. The Team Foundation Service (TFService) is now in production and pricing information can be found here. A few noteworthy items:
- The new URL for the service is http://tfs.visualstudio.com. With this change, your accounts are now accessible at The old tfspreview.com domain will continue to work for the foreseeable future, but you should plan on starting to use the new URL.
- You’ll need to type the full URL (ex: of your account into the Add Team Foundation Server dialog in Visual Studio. Notice that you need to use https:// as well.
- Only the “Free Plan” is currently available, which is technically limited to only 5 users however at this time that limit is not being enforced. Additional paid plans will be made available in 2013.
- Development tools
- Visual Studio Express 2012 (multiple editions)
- Visual Studio 2010/2012 (Ultimate, Premium, Professional)
For more information, visit the TFService FAQ.