We all knew this day would come and so it has. Well actually that day was yesterday (10/31) but due to Hurricane Sandy I’m a day late. The Team Foundation Service (TFService) is now in production and pricing information can be found here. A few noteworthy items:
- The new URL for the service is http://tfs.visualstudio.com. With this change, your accounts are now accessible at http://<youraccountname>.visualstudio.com. The old tfspreview.com domain will continue to work for the foreseeable future, but you should plan on starting to use the new URL.
- You'll need to type the full URL (ex: https://<youraccountname>.visualstudio.com) of your account into the Add Team Foundation Server dialog in Visual Studio. Notice that you need to use https:// as well.
- Only the “Free Plan” is currently available, which is technically limited to only 5 users however at this time that limit is not being enforced. Additional paid plans will be made available in 2013.
- Development tools
- Visual Studio Express 2012 (multiple editions)
- Visual Studio 2010/2012 (Ultimate, Premium, Professional)
For more information, visit the TFService FAQ.