So you don’t use Visual Studio as your main IDE and instead use Eclipse with Team Explorer Everywhere but want to tailor TFS to suite your (and/or your teams) needs. Not a problem as with this new SDK it’s now possible to fully customize, interact with and extend the TFS development environment using Java as opposed to .NET.
The Team Foundation Server SDK for Java includes documentation, samples and redistributable components to help you develop software products that integrate with Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010.
The SDK contains the following components:
- Redistributable library (jar file) containing the TFS API’s
- Redistributable native code libraries required by the SDK for Java
- API Documentation in Javadoc format
- Check-in policy code sample
- Custom work item control code sample
- Console application code sample
- Code snippets
Brian Harrys Blog – Microsoft Technical Fellow
Martin Woodward (The Woodward Web) – Senior Program Manager for VSTS
If you enjoy coding in Java, now it’s possible to use those skills with TFS to produce some amazing results.