I’ve answered a few comments on recent blog postings on the recent CU release, but thought I’d post again to clear up any misunderstandings.
- Since December all CUs are included the Infrastructure Update
- WSS CU contains its update
- Project Server CU contains its update
- MOSS Server is the name of the server rollup – and contains the SharePoint and Project Server update, but NOT WSS. I’ve suggested MOSS Server package may not be the best name – watch this space.
- You only need to load SP1 and the latest CU (Both WSS and either Project Server or MOSS Server recommended)
- There was a client/server dependency introduced earlier in the product lifecycle post SP1 so you should also load the client CU for Project.
- Specific details of this dependency – There was a change to both the client and server scheduling engine that requires that you be at a certain hotfix level for both the client and the server. These versions are 952000 for the Server and 952067 for the client. If your hotfix number is greater than this then you should be fine. Additionally, these fixes were included in both the Infrastructure Update and every subsequent CU that has been released so you will be fine if you have any one of these installed for both the client and the server.
- At the time of writing Project is not listed in the overall Office KB article for the February Cumulative Update http://support.microsoft.com/kb/963654 – this is an omission and is being corrected.