Just in case you hadn't picked this up on Christophe's blog. There was a webcast recently covering the Project Server 2007 Infrastructure Update. The slide deck with an overview of the Project and Project Server 2007 Infrastructure Update has been posted on EPMConnect: A briefing on the released Project Infrastructure Update - the quality has just got even better
This 53 slide deck contains the following:
- Infrastructure Update Walkthrough
- Known Issues
- Deployment Best Practices
Highlights of the update are:-
Timesheets and My Tasks Stability and Usability
Custom Fields Stability
Project Local Cache Resiliency
Queue Management UI improvements
Logging Tracing Improvements
Improve Project Server Performance
Migration issues from Project Server 2003 to 2007
Reporting DB Performance and Data integrity
Excel Import Problem
The demo image used during the presentation is our standard Project Portfolio Management virtual image (email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a copy) with the IU applied in it (check the last link below on how to do it).
If you haven't heard of EPMConnect before then a good time to have a look around the site for other goodies!
- Deploy the Infrastructure Update for Office Project Server 2007
- Install the Infrastructure Update for Microsoft Office Servers (Office SharePoint Server 2007)
- Announcing the availability of the Project and Project Server 2007 Infrastructure Update
- How to deploy the Project Infrastructure Update on a virtual image (VHD)?