Updated Visual Studio 2010 ALM Virtual Machine

The Visual Studio 2010 ALM Virtual Machine has been updated with a longer expiration date. If you are using the previous version, please note that it expires on April 9, 2012. The new version will expire on September 10, 2012.

You can download the new version here.

1. Automation Planet says:

Thanks Brian, you always on time 🙂

2. Automation Planet says:

After extracting, I noticed that the new VM is about 59 GB but the old one is 39 GB, is there anything new except the updates and cumulative updates?

3. briankel says:

We expanded the size of the fixed-disk VHD based on feedback that sometimes people like to install additional software into it, and it's a pain to manually expand fixed-size VHD's. You can reduze the size of the VHD if you want to.

4. Automation Planet says:

Thanks Brian, it's OK and I agree about the new size is better.

5. Hi Brian

I have a Question I use the VHD for training normally the students just download the wpc copy of the vhd however some times it would be nice to have 3 or 4 Hyper-V copies running.

How would I go about renaming the machines and then pointing TFS at the correct local machine?

Thanks

6. briankel says:

@BigIan, I don't understand your scenario. The VPC is not intended to be network enabled. If you read the documentation I include with the VM I state that you should not put it on the network for a variety of reasons. Hence, the machine names should never collide with one another. Further, if you rename the machine names, you will break several services on the box.

7. Thanks Brian thought that would be the Case was Just hoping to give multiple users access simultaneously without being limited by the capabilities of the desk top.

Regards

8. Thanks for the labs! It appears that there's a validation issue when entering URL's for the Feedback request on Page 39 Step 28 of the "Building the Right Software- Generating Storyboards and Collecting Stakeholder Feedback with Visual Studio 11 Document.  The send button remains inactive if you do not include "www" before the url.

9. briankel says:

Hi David,

Thanks for the bug report, but I can't reproduce the issue. I just tested this on the beta virtual machine and it works fine with Fabrikam.com, intranet.fabrikam.com, or http://www.fabrikam.com. Are you using the beta?