10/21 Update: These instructions now include public links to the Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 ISO’s.
The instructions in this blog post are meant to accompany 10-4 Episode 33: Downloading and Installing Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2. Please view that video for additional context, including a step-by-step walkthrough for installing Visual Studio 2010 beta 2.
I suggest using a download manager for these files since they are very large. My download manager of choice is Free Download Manager. You can use your own favorite download manager, but you may need to adapt the instructions below as appropriate.
Note that the ISO’s for Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio Ultimate are are multi-part RAR files. After you download these files run the first file in each set (the EXE) and it will extract the ISO file for you.
- Download and install Free Download Manager. This utility provides:
- Auto-resume support for interrupted downloads.
- Multiple simultaneous download streams for (usually) a much faster download experience.
- As the name implies, it’s completely free.
- Select the following list of URL’s and copy (CTRL+C) them to your clipboard. You can select all files at the same time.
- Launch the user interface for Free Download Manager (either from the Start Menu or via the system tray icon if FDM is already running).
- Click File -> Import -> Import List of URLs from Clipboard.
- When prompted for a download group, accept the default (“Other”) and click OK.
- You are now free to minimize Free Download Manager while the files download. By default, they will be saved to c:\downloads.
Remember to watch 10-4 Episode 33: Downloading and Installing Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 for additional instructions on how to install these files.
Download links for other Visual Studio 2010 SKU’s (e.g. Express, Agents, etc.) can be found here.