We recently started tagging new Visual Studio Team System-related content on Channel 9 with a VSTS tag to make them easier to discover. I also just finished tagging all of the older Team System-related content as well. There were several great videos out there, including some that I had never even seen before!
There are several types of videos you will find which carry the VSTS tag. Here are some examples:
- Demonstrations of features from the Visual Studio Team System family of products such as the Application Designer (part I & part II), how to use the Code Profiler (part I & part II), or a lap around the source control management capabilities of Team Foundation Server.
- Interviews with people from the Team System team such as Rick LaPlante discussing pricing and licensing (part I & part II), Grace Francisco and Doug Neumann talking about source control, or the “DataDude” Team showing off the latest Team System family member.
- Videos showcasing add-ons, power toys, and other goodies related to Team System. Some examples include CodePlex (which is built on Team Foundation Server) and FASTDash (an MSR research project which offers a new view into who is doing what in your Team Foundation Server source tree).
- Team System-related Screencasts. Screencasts are narrated demos which offer an in-depth look at how to use certain features in the tools. Note that the Screencasts show up in a different RSS category than the Channel 9 Videos do – see below for the respective RSS feeds.
- And some videos which are hard to categorize, but I felt they deserved to be tagged as VSTS. One example is a tour of the new patterns and practices lab. Many people may not realize that the patterns and practices team is now a part of the overall Team System team here at Microsoft. They are delivering guidance which is already integrated with Visual Studio Team System today, and they are working on even more guidance for future releases of Team System. In the tour video, we see how Microsoft is practicing Agile development not only through the support which Team System provides for process standardization, but all the way down to the way we design our buildings.
We are also working on bringing even more Team System content to Channel 9 so you may want to subscribe to the RSS feeds to stay current. Note that the Videos and the Screencasts have different RSS feeds.
I hope you enjoy watching these as much as I do. If you have requests for new videos you would like to see don’t hesitate to let me know!