Back in February we had a great series of Windows Phone 7 talks we did at Seed Philly that culminated in a demo night where startups showed off some pretty interesting Windows Phone 7 applications. During the weeks that we held the event, we heard from attendees, “Why don’t you do this with Azure?”
Well, now we are. Once again we’re holding a 30 to Launch event in Philly, this time focused on Azure. We’ll give you some instruction to get started and we’ll finish with a pitch nigh so you can show off what you’ve been working on.
I’ll be there for all three nights of the event and I’m really looking forward to seeing what everybody comes up with. Sign up for the program at this link.
Here are the details:
30 to Launch Azure Challenge
What is this?
During the month of April and May we are throwing down a Windows Azure app challenge in Seed Philly. Join us over 3 weeks to build your Azure app!
Azure App Challenge Onsite Details
Dates: May 3, 17, 23
Presented By: Microsoft
Meet your host: Brian Johnson Senior Developer Evangelist
Why should I care?
You could go home with an Xbox 360+Kinect Bundle*! And you’ll learn how to develop applications for Windows Azure.
What are the details?
- We will be hosting three sessions in the 30 days. (Read on each week below to learn more!)
- As you learn, develop a new application prototype and a 2 minute presentation about your app.
- At the last session, pitch your app to the class and the best pitch (audience judged) gets and Xbox 360+Kinect 250GB Bundle!
- Review the information on this page: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/overview/
- Bring a Windows PC, or a Mac with Windows under virtualization.
- Install the Azure tools for Windows from here: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/
Week 1 & 2 (Both sessions on May 3)
Get started on Windows Azure!
Date: May 3, 2012
Session 1. Getting Started with Windows Azure
(food and drinks provided)
- Introduction to Cloud and 30 to Launch
- Overview of the Azure Platform
- Azure Platform Core Services
- Azure Roles
- Azure Storage
- Azure Setup and Tools
- Supported Development Languages
- Azure Scale
7:30-10:00pm (On May 3)
Session 2. Get Coding!
- Set up your Azure account and get started.
Date: May 17, 2012
Session 3: Come answer your questions on W8 (food and drinks provided)
Speaker: Brian Johnson
Date: May 23, 2012
Session 4: Pitch your App and hear feedback from others (food and drinks provided)
Speaker: Brian Johnson
*No Purchase Necessary. Open only to hobbyists, professionals, or developers in the field of software tech who are legal residents of the 50 U.S. or D.C. 18+. Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible. Game ends 5/23/12. For more details, see the Official Rules.
If you can’t make it to Philly for this event, you can still participate in the online event. Just go to the 30 to Launch site for more details.