If you only read one thing from this week’s list of PHP-related content, read the article about sanitizing user input data (2nd from last). Of course, there is lots of other good content too…enjoy!
- PHP 5.3.5 and PHP 5.2.17 have been released: http://www.php.net/archive/2011.php#id2011-01-06-1
- As with last week's XHTML validator service, I'm probably the last to learn of this CSS validation service by W3C: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
- Mark Evans (a.k.a. @oscparky) posted some excellent photos from JumpIn! Camp: http://www.freelancephp.co.uk/2011/01/08/jump-in-camp-sql-server-edition-the-photos/
- Mark Evans also summarized day 2 of JumpIn! Camp: http://www.freelancephp.co.uk/2011/01/09/jump-in-camp-%e2%80%93-sql-server-edition-%e2%80%93-day-2/
- One option for implementing dependency injection when using the Zend Framework: http://www.clickmagnate.com/2011/01/04/php-dependency-injection-inversion-of-control/
- Gonzalo Ayuso explains how he uses a PHP class to store configuration data: http://gonzalo123.wordpress.com/2011/01/10/using-php-classes-to-store-configuration-data/
- This post on the Windows Azure team blog has lots of links content related to PHP/Azure development: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazure/archive/2011/01/10/new-windows-azure-and-php-tutorials-now-available.aspx
- How to send e-mail using PHP: http://webhostinghelpguy.inmotionhosting.com/web-hosting/phpmailer-sending-email-through-php/
- Kenny Katzgrau provides lots of insights (and solutions)to getting CodeIgnighter/PHP working with IIS and MSSQL: http://codefury.net/2011/01/codeigniter-php-iis-mysql-mssql/
- Joomla! 1.6 is now available: http://www.joomla.org/announcements/general-news/5348-joomlar-16-has-arrived.html
- A look at implementing Internet protocols with PHP (starting with FTP): http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/implementing-internet-protocols/Leidago_Noabeb01122010.php3
- An excellent look at how and why to sanitize user input data: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/01/11/keeping-web-users-safe-by-sanitizing-input-data/
- Notes on using the Symfony2 UniversalClassLoader (be sure to read the comments): http://test.ical.ly/2011/01/13/php-5-3-and-the-symfony2-universalclassloader-where-to-load/
- Last, but not least, WebMatrix is now available: http://www.microsoft.com/web/enter/
Have a great weekend!