Most of the links that caught my eye this week had to do with the Imagine Cup or Windows/SQL Azure, but there were other good ones as well…including blog posts by the MS Interoperability team, Ibuildings, and the MS Web Platform team...
- The winners for this year’s Imagine Cup have been announced! http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2010/jul10/07-08awardceremony.mspx
- Since I’ve been blogging quite a bit recently about Windows Azure, I found the Imagine Cup participant comments about (and usage of) Azure to be very interesting: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2010/jun10/07-07imaginecupazure.mspx
- More Azure news…this time a case study of Sobees usage of Azure: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazure/archive/2010/07/08/real-world-windows-azure-interview-with-francois-bochatay-ceo-and-cofounder-sobees.aspx
- The SQL Azure team has had a busy week of blogging. This post takes a look at how to intelligently distribute data: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlazure/archive/2010/07/08/10036034.aspx
- Interoperability Team blog post: Identity “Mash-up” Federation Demo using Multiple Protocols (OpenID and WS-Federation): http://blogs.msdn.com/b/interoperability/archive/2010/07/09/identity-mash-up-federation-demo-using-multiple-protocols-openid-and-ws-federation.aspx
- The team at ibuildings is doing a series of blog posts about scalability. They are taking a holistic look at scalability, recognizing that people, processes, and technology all have to be addressed when improving scalability. This post focuses on people: http://www.ibuildings.co.uk/blog/archives/1596-Scalability-People,-Processes,-Technology.html
- The Microsoft Web Platform team blogs about the release of WebMatrix: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/webplatform/archive/2010/07/06/hello-webmatrix.aspx
- A take on the top 10 IDEs for PHP development on Windows: http://echodevil.com/blog/1032/Top+10+IDEs+for+PHP+development+on+Windows.html
Happy reading, and have a great weekend!