Is it July already?! How did that happen? Despite spending too much time following numerous World Cup-related links, I did managed to come across lots of interesting PHP-Microsoft stuff this week…from updates/announcements by the IIS and SQL Server Driver for PHP teams to helpful cheat sheets (and lots in between)…
- The IIS team announces the production-ready release of the WinCache 1.1 extension for PHP: http://blogs.iis.net/ruslany/archive/2010/06/30/wincache-extension-1-1-for-php-release-to-web.aspx
- The SQL Server Driver for PHP team provides an update on the work they are doing on the 2.0 version of the SQL Server Driver for PHP: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlphp/archive/2010/06/29/an-update-on-our-ctp2-release.aspx
- Chris Shiflett recaps his keynote at the Dutch PHP Conference (very interesting stuff): http://shiflett.org/blog/2010/jun/change-blindness-and-zooming-out
- This is a good 5 minute video that looks at how to use the Windows Azure Blob Storage with the Zend Framework: http://www.internet.com/Video/?bcpid=86842592001&bclid=87185324001&bctid=101467281001
- Scott Guthrie blogs about the new Express version of IIS: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2010/06/28/introducing-iis-express.aspx
- An interesting comparison of Windows Azure and Amazon EC2: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/06/25/urnidgns852573C4006938800025774D0066A946.DTL
- This looks like a helpful SQL Server cheat sheet: http://www.addedbytes.com/cheat-sheets/sql-server-cheat-sheet
- Cheat Sheets for just about anything you can think of: http://devcheatsheet.com/
Those are the links that grabbed my eye this week. Let me know if I missed anything interesting.
Have a great weekend!