OK…here’s a list of links that grabbed my attention this week:
- The PHP on Windows Training Kit (which contains LOTS of great demos for almost anything that is PHP on Windows) has been updated so it can be installed on Windows 7: http://english.zachskylesowens.net/2010/03/25/php-on-windows-training-kit-support-for-windows-7-released/
- Are you ever been annoyed by having to restart your Web server or application pool after modifying your php.ini file? With IIS, now you don’t have to…just update the MonitorChangesTo setting in FastCGI to automatically pick up changes to your php.ini file: http://blogs.iis.net/ruslany/archive/2010/03/30/php-on-iis-monitorchangesto-setting-in-fastcgi.aspx
- There has been lots of talk about the NoSQL movement recently. I thought Anders Karlsson took a fair look at NoSQL vs. RDBMS in his blog (and the discussion that follows is good too): http://phpcamp.net/toolbar/ok-you-have-waited-long-enough-heres-my-take-on-nosql
- PHP 5.3 namespaces explained: http://www.phparch.com/2010/03/29/namespaces-in-php/
- 10 regular expressions for efficient Web development: http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/10-regular-expressions-for-efficient-web-development
- This is actually a link a discovered a while back, but it came up again in conversation this week (Building the PHP MS SQL Server extension from source on Ubuntu 8.10): http://www.robert-gonzalez.com/2009/02/18/building-the-php-ms-sql-server-extension-from-source-on-ubuntu-810/
As always, I hope some of those are useful…or at least interesting. Feel free to share your favorite links in comments.