I’m jealous that my wife can find the time (I don’t know how she does it) to read so many books just for fun. That isn’t to say that the reading I do isn’t fun, it’s just not the curl-up-on-the-couch-and-get-lost-in-a-story kind of reading I would like to do if I didn’t need sleep. And, I’m not saying she doesn’t do her share of sit-at-the-table-and-reread-paragraphs-to-really-understand-them type of reading. What I am saying, however, is that I spend lots of time reading stuff on a screen. I could literally spend all day following interesting links I find on Twitter, and I do spend a good chunk of time each day doing just that. I also come across interesting stuff that colleagues and friends send me. Some of the stuff that comes my way is really great! So I thought it would be interesting to share what I consider the “greatest” of these links on a weekly basis. Most of what I will share will be related to PHP and Microsoft, but I might sneak in an off-topic link every once in a while…we’ll see.
So, without further ado, here is the first installment of what I hope will be a regular roll-up of THIS WEEK’S GREATEST LINKS! (Did you hear the drum roll?)
1. This was, by far, my favorite link of the week: https://twitter.com/rasmus/status/10325288521. Just follow it and you’ll see why. (For those of you who don’t know, Rasmus Lerdorf is the creator of PHP.)
2. This looks like a cool competition: http://www.webnotwar.ca/ftw.
3. Make WordPress faster on IIS with WinCache 1.1: http://blogs.iis.net/ruslany/archive/2010/03/05/make-wordpress-faster-on-iis-with-wincache-1-1.aspx
4. Since this is the Month of PHP Security, this seemed appropriate: http://www.kavoir.com/2010/03/php-security-checklist-for-websites-and-web-applications-bottom-line-for-every-good-php-developers.html
6. Interesting info about the future of PHP 6: http://phpcamp.net/article/future-of-php-6
That’s it. Feel free to post your favorite links in comments…or, better yet, share them on Twitter: https://twitter.com/brian_swan.