If you’re interested in seeing the presentation I gave at PDC back in September, it’s now available online: http://microsoft.sitestream.com/PDC05/OFF/OFF304.htm#nopreload=1&autostart=1
It’s about an hour and 15 mins. It’s pretty much a developer level introduction to the Office ’12’ file formats. I show a number of demos and cover the following agenda:
- Demo: Example Office XML File
- The role we see XML playing in Office documents
- Demo: How to create an Office ’12’ document from scratch
- What are the components that make up a file?
- Demo: Modifying an Excel spreadsheet
- XML Data Store (I’m really excited about this; I’m have more info on this in future posts)
- Developing against the formats
- Demo: Example server side solutions that act on the formats
If you get a chance, please take a look. It really should help you understand more about the formats and how you can work with them.