SQL Server Reporting Services failed to start
The SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER) service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
To increase the default service time-out, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
- Right-click Control, point to New, and then click DWORD.
- In the New Value box, type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press Enter.
- Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
- Click Decimal, type the number of milliseconds that you want to wait until the service times out, and then click OK.
- For example, to wait 60 seconds before the service times out, type 60000.
- On the File menu, click Exit, and then restart the computer.
You cannot start SQL Server Reporting Services after you apply the update that is discussed in KB 2677070
Reporting Services service doesn’t start after the installation of MS12-070 security patch