With Silverlight 4 and RIA Services all-but done, I thought it would be worthwhile to highlight some of the key features of the platform and tools that make Silverlight a fantastic platform for building business applications. I’ll avoid gratuitous video and dancing hippos and focus on just the bread and butter of business applications: Querying, Updating, Validating and securing your important business-data. I’ll also use this to refresh a few of the posts from my Silverlight 3 era series.
The walk through requires:
You can download the completed application.
I authored this with Silverlight 4 RC, but I fully expect it to work with Silverlight 4 RTM.
- Starting a New Project with the Business Application Template
- Exposing Data from Entity Framework
- Consuming Data in the Client
- Updating Data
- Validating Data
- Authentication and Personalization
- Silverlight and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Exposing OData Services
- Exposing WCF (WSDL) Services
- Exposing JSON Endpoint
- Working with Reference Data - In Progress
- Deploying to a 3rd Party Hoster (I could not do any better than Saurabh's post!)
- Workflow Integration - In Progress
- Management with AppFabric - In Progress
- Debugging Tips and Tricks - In Progress
- Globalized and Localized