Mix09: Silverlight for Business Apps and .NET RIA Services talks posted

.NET RIA Services Talk

image

Building Business Apps with SL3

Silverlight 3 Overview, Silverlight Out Of Browser

See the full session list: http://sessions.visitmix.com/MIX09/

1. What's New says:

The amazing tech folks here at Mix09 have already gotten a good number of talks published.  .NET

2. Pop Catalin says:

Great stuff, I’m sure glad too see Microsoft investing in the RIA story, and also I’m glad I won’t have to use my own code generation artifacts any more to achieve a fraction of the functionality Silverlight RIA will give us …

Right now I feel like I’ve been waiting all my life for what Silverlight 3 will bring us.

Great demo.

Cheers.

3. Yvan says:

Very Cool presentation you did!

If I would’ve been there, I would have said "Very Satisfied".

Terrific work (thumbs up) for the SilverLight team. In fact I see Microsoft is really starting to watch and listen to what’s a day in life of a developer.

One topic that I would like to see tough in this context of "Business Line Of Application for Silverlight" is…

How do I address Localization and Globolization with Silverlight?

Being in a country that has 2 official language makes things more complicated here… Also, what if I want to host my business app as a service apps and make it global (Europe, Middle East, Asia etc.)

Feel free to post back to my page for any guidance on this …or blog it!

4. Windows Azure/Cloud Computing The Azure Fabric Controller – read What Is: The Azure Fabric and the Development Fabric first Cloud Computing Links March 22, 2009 Silverlight Mix09: Silverlight for Business Apps and .NET RIA Services talks posted Introducing

5. Hi Brad.

Thanks so much for the talk on building business apps with SL3. It’s really helped me to understand some of the technology you guys are releasing. (I’m feeling like I’m living in the past, still developing WinForms apps for my work!)

Question for you. I’m trying to code along with you while watching the video, but there are some issues, such as when you paste in XAML code snippets. So, is the full source code for your example available for download?

6. BradA says:

Judah — You are not behind being on WinForms at all.. it is a great bit of technology with years of life ahead of it.

Yea, if you check out my blog post on the talk, you can get the full sample source code..  http://blogs.msdn.com/brada/archive/2009/03/17/mix09-building-amazing-business-applications-with-silverlight-3.aspx

7. Brad,

WinForms is good and all, but gosh, seeing the kind of expressive binding you can do with Silverlight makes me very envious. 🙂

Glad you’re still awake to answer my midnight questions. Thanks for the link, I will download and study that code, maybe make some tweaks of my own to help me grok it further.

Great stuff, great talk.

8. Yesterday at Mix we announced .NET RIA Services… We are very early in the development cycle for .NET

9. Rachida Dukes says:

Hi Brad!

I watched your demo from A to Z, but I still have hard time to use the grouping in a datagrid.

Do you have any tip or advice how to apply grouping in silverlight 3 datagrid?

I’m trying to learn how to use it, but I was not able to find any documentation about this concept. Please, advice.

Thanks so much

Rachida Dukes

10. BradA says:

>> Do you have any tip or advice how to apply grouping in silverlight 3 datagrid?

Rachida,

Sure, check out the DataGridDataGrid with Grouping section:

11. Rachida Dukes says:

Thanks so much for your fast response. I’m looking at the link http://silverlight.net/samples/sl3/toolkitcontrolsamples/run/default.html

I really like your mix09 demo, I’m using it to learn more about sliverlight3

Keep the good work

Rachida Dukes

12. I have previously written about the UNPLUGGED road trip that Mike , Nathan and I have been on. I also

13. セレブ達は一般の人達とは接する機会もなく、その出会う唯一の場所が「逆援助倶楽部」です。 男性はお金、女性はSEXを要求する場合が多いようです。これは女性に圧倒的な財力があるから成り立つことの出来る関係ではないでしょうか?

14. 貴方のオ○ニーライフのお手伝い、救援部でHな見せたがり女性からエロ写メ、ムービーをゲットしよう!近所の女の子なら実際に合ってHな事ができちゃうかも!?夏に向けて開放的になっている女の子と遊んじゃおう