The Knowledge Chamber: Silverlight 3 for Great Business Apps

It was great fun to be interviewed on The Knowledge Chamber by Robert Hess… It certainly brought back the good old times on the .NET Show!

I had a chance to show a sneak-peak at some of the cool new stuff coming in Silverlight 3 for Business Applications.   Check out the Video and your voice to the thread!

Brad Abrams – Silverlight 3.0 for Great Business Apps

image

1. What's New says:

2. Tim Cochran says:

Can’t wait to see the ‘rest’ at Mix!

3. Steve says:

Nice video, I enjoyed the peek preview.  I was especially glad to see the attention in SL 3 to LOB apps.

Please get some good masked textbox – money/currency textbox’s in SL3  🙂

Good stuff as always- thanks again for the update!

So… Mix 09 == early SL 3.0 release…. ?  🙂

4. Tq says:

Instead of writing books, you guys should train more people in C++ to make that VM run faster.

Silverlight is so darn slow, and so CPU hungry it simply isn’t usable. People refuse to take it seriously and no wonder.

It hangs.

5. eek! UPDATE: March 11, 2009. We will be postponing this talk until April. If you’d like to learn what

6. RiskFactor says:

Nice!  I’m really looking forward to seeing the enhancements you put into SL3 for LOB’s.  I think that the media aspect of SL is nice, but the area where SL can make the biggest impact is in the LOB space and I plan on leveraging SL3 in my LOB’s as soon as I can get my hands on it!

7. Rui Marinho says:

Hello brad, i just install the SL 3.0 beta ad i didn’t saw this new default template page with the navigation? it won’t be in this first preview?

Thanks for that preview, i will tune to see your session (with live streaming of course).

Greetigns

Rui

8. BradA says:

Rui — Did you install the SLTools for VS2008?  that is where the template is..  let me know if you didn’t see it.