.NET Framework 4 Poster

We created a very cool poster that shows off the new stuff in .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 4.    Thanks to Kit George for running this effort to get a very cool view of .NET Framework 4 and for the great folks at Addison Wesley for helping with the creative end and the printing costs!

PDC2008-NETFX4

And of course, here is the DeepZoom version! (use your mouse wheel or click and control-click to zoom in and out)

Download the .NET Framework 4 Poster PDF for high quality printing.

Enjoy!  We’d love to hear what you think!

If you are at PDC08 please drop by the Addison Wesley booth in the Big Room and get your copy… You can just tell them I sent you 😉

Oh, and if you are a Microsoft employee in Redmond, drop KitG an email, he has a few he can give out.

1. Ray says:

Brad,

although the DNS system allows having underscores in hostnames the HTTP RFC is rather strict on it and doesn’t allow it.  If you use a proxy that follows the RFC to the letter (squid unless you tell it not to) you are unable to get to your site. Any chance of removing the underscore from your host name?

if you want some reading about it see :

2. Jason says:

Same here. Our squidster gives me a blank page due to the underscore.

Thanks,

Jason

3. Lloyd says:

Instead of modifying the hostname, is it possible to throw a tiny-url up that points to deepzoom?

Thanks

4. Jonathan says:

Me proxy don’t like underscore too.

5. Lucas says:

With the old .NET logo? tsk tsk!

6. Kevin says:

7. Brad Abrams からです。 .NET Framework 4 Poster .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 と .NET Framework 4.0 の追加クラスライブラリが記述されたポスターが公開されています。

8. Ray says:

Putting in a url that forwards to a url with an underscore in the hostname doesn’t really fix the problem, but i appreciate the effort 🙂

9. BradA says:

Ray — I try 😉  I thought there might be something special about Lloyd suggestion…  Any other thoughts?

10. Lloyd says:

I thought about the tiny url just propagating the problem one more step.  DOH! sorry.

For what its worth, I was able to get to it with no proxy in the way… 8^)

11. Alois Kraus says:

That is a very nice poster. I like especially the Deep Zoom version.

To prove that I have actually looked at it: There is a typo in System.ServiceModel.OperationContact

Although a spell checker might think that Contact is nice I am quite sure that is should read OperationContract.

Yours,

Alois Kraus

12. Hey Brad,

When I clicked the "here is the DeepZoom version!" link and tried to install silverlight it is showing.

"The site that you visited was built for an earlier, beta version of Silverlight – not the current one. Please contact the site owner to let them know that they must upgrade to the latest release of Silverlight 2. Let us know if the site is not updated shortly so we can try to assist in upgrading the site to the latest Silverlight technology."

I am using google chrome.

Thanks.

13. After a flurry of PDC specific posts, back to a mixture. Architecture I wanted to give a big mention

14. Alex Suslin says:

System.Data.Services

I guess there must be some mistakes?

IDataServiceConfiguration (instead of Configulation)

ISynchronisationProvider (insted of Synchonisation)

15. .NET Bits says:

If you are interested in getting the .NET 4.0 poster, here you go… I saw this on Brad Abram’s blog

16. Will says:

Holy crap… XamlType, XamlProperty?

17. Mike Irving says:

Will the .Net Framework 4 only work in outer space?

It looks good, as does that DeepZoom (first time I’ve seen it running).

Mike.

18. Richard says:

Next time you make a poster, remember that white text on a light blue background is not very legible.  All the others are in legible black, I don’t know why that lower left region has white text.

19. gOODiDEA says:

Web网页栅格系统研究(1):960的秘密-(2):蛋糕的切法-(3):粒度问题12StepsToFasterWebPagesWithVisualRoundTrip…

20. Web 网页栅格系统研究(1):960的秘密 – (2):蛋糕的切法 – (3):粒度问题 12 Steps To Faster Web Pages With Visual Round Trip Analyzer

21. The charting namespace looks very promising!

22. Ačkoli .NET Framework 4 tu ještě není, můžete aspoň mkrnout na plakát. Více na http://blogs.msdn.com/brada/archive/2008/10/29/net-framework-4-poster.aspx

23. My favorite links from the 4th week of October 2008

24. Brad Abrams nous annonce sur son blog la mise à disposition en ligne du poster qui nous a été distribué

25. Brad Abrams posted about a cool .NET Framework 4.0 poster which was distributed at the PDC last week

26. Mike Chaliy says:

So… is there any way to get this poster without underscore?

27. Aber vielleicht nützlich für den einen oder anderen.

28. Brad, can you fix the URL please? we’re unable to download the PDF (Service Unavailable). Thanks in advance.

29. BradA says:

Sorry about that Stefano — seems to be working now

30. FrenchW says:

@BradA : service is still unavailable for pdf and deepzoom. Anyway, thanks !

31. Alex says:

Anything new about the access problem (underscore) with the URL? See postings from Ray (October 29, 2008 12:43 PM) and BradA (October 30, 2008 12:42 AM).

32. Sumertido en el inmenso mar de Internet, me topé con el blog de Brad Adams, y dentro de su blog, un artículo

33. YESChandana says:

My favorite links from the 4th week of October 2008

34. .NET Framework 4.0 e Visual Studio 2010

35. Steve Rose says:

Still underscore, so still not downloadable

36. Dale says:

I tried t he deep zoom version.  All I got was a page with a small graphic offering to install Silverlight.  I clicked the graphic and was taken to a Silverlight install page that said I already have the requested version installed.

37. Dale says:

Ok, just let us know where we can order the poster.  It is awesome.  I’d happily pay a dollar ninety-five for one.  Even more if I have to 🙂

38. Byron says:

When you do a DeepZoom it would be good if you had the silverlight window expand to fill IE so that we can see more on large monitors.  Thanks.

39. Chris Lomont says:

It’s still not usable due to illegal characters in the URL. It’s two weeks later and still no posting to an accessible site?

40. BradA says:

Sorry, I am really lame on this… I don’t have any other web account… Does someone want to host it for me?

41. Brad,

Is is possible to update the Silverlight Deep Zoom application to consume all the available screen space instead of a small area?

Thanks!!!

Karl

42. After a flurry of PDC specific posts, back to a mixture. Architecture I wanted to give a big mention to the release of patterns & practices: App Architecture Guide 2.0 Beta 1 release . I did a little bit of review work on this and I do believe this

43. ranjans says:

the deep zoom is great. only note that to zoom out you will need to use shift + left mouse button (not ctl and left mouse). Thanks

44. Microsoft announced Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET Framework 4.0 on September 29, 2008 which marks the

45. scott says:

is there a dzc / dzi for the Deep Zoom image?  It would be nice to add this to my Seadragon Mobile application for the iPhone.

Skip to main content