I know there are quite a few folks on there way to Vegas right now for Mix08... I thought I'd thumb through the session list and give you my picks for some cool Mix 08 session. Even you could not make it to Mix this year, we will be streaming EVERY SESSION ~24 hours after the session ends. So you can join in the fun.
There are a TON of great Silverlight sessions... Here are just a couple that I pulled out as the core ones..
1. CT01 and CT02 Building Rich Internet Applications Using Microsoft Silverlight 2, Part 1 and 2 (wed 3p and 4:30)
Joe Stegman and Mike Harsh walk you end-to-end through building a Silverlight 2 based application. You like'd ScottGu's blog, you will love this session!
2. T20 Creating Rich, Dynamic User Interfaces with Silverlight 2 (Thursday 10:15)
Dive in a bit deeper into Silverlight 2 and learn how to use the rich set of built in controls as well as building your own custom controls!
Notice: this session does conflict with mine, but I will not be bitter if you decide to go check this one out, you can catch me on the video later!)
3. T31 Exploring Moonlight: Novell's Implementation of Silverlight on Linux (Thursday 4:15)
You have got to check this out... Miguel never disappoints! Silverlight on Linux... you gotta see this!
ASP.NET and AJAX Session:
- T24 Developing Data Driven Applications Using ASP.NET Dynamic Data Controls (Wed 1:30p)
David Ebbo is giving this session.. he is the architect in charge of ASP.NET Dynamic Data... If you want to see how to build an excellent data driven web site, this is the talk for you!
- T16 Real-World AJAX with ASP.NET (Thursday 8:30a)
Nikhil Kothari is giving this talk.. He is the primary architect for ASP.NET AJAX and Script#. He will be talking about some real-world issues you run into building an Ajax website and how to address them.
- T34 Building Great AJAX Applications from Scratch Using ASP.NET 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008 (Thursday 10:15a)
I will be giving this session and I am super excited about it! It is really focused on showing off all the new stuff in VS2008 and ASP.NET 3.5 for Ajax developers. I have cut ALL the slides from this talk... it is 100% demo! If you are new to ASP.NET or have not drilled into VS2008 yet, this is the talk for you!
- T22 Developing ASP.NET Applications Using the Model View Controller Pattern
There has been a bunch of buzz about ASP.NET MVC recently... Whether it is pattern based development, Test Driven Development, or high control over the generated markup, ASP.NET MVC is a cool technology for you to check out. Scott Hanselman is the man to show you all about it! You gotta check this out.
- T10 Lighting Up Your AJAX Applications with Silverlight
Want to take your Ajax app to the next level beyond what the browser can do today? Stefan Schackow (from the Professional ASP.NET 2.0 Security, Membership, and Role Management fame) and Chung Webster take you through how Silverlight is more than just a pretty image generator. You can see details of how to use the networking stack, local storage, etc.
- BT02 Building RESTful Real World Applications with the ADO.NET Data Services Framework
REST is the name of the game for web services today. Come see how to to easily expose and consume RESTful services from Live to your own custom services!
Got your own picks? I'd love to hear them!