Ok, ok, it took us a little longer than we expected, but we finally got the ASP.NET 3.5 Extension Preview posted! This is the release with all the MVC goodness you have been hearing about as well as some very cool stuff such as Dynamic Data controls which makes building data driven web applications a breeze, AJAX history support, ADO.NET Data Services (aka Astoria), the ADO.NET Entity Framework and updated ASP.NET support for Silverlight.
Download the bits - they work with VS 2008 and are side-by-side so they will not hork your system
Here are a few links to get you going:
- ScottGu has an excellent 4 part tutorial on building an MVC based application...
- Phil Haack has some great info on his blog (he is the PM for MVC)
- Rob Conery has some great stuff as well.. he is the author of the HTML helpers in the MVCToolkit.zip that adds a lot of cool gravy to the MVC stuff.
- Oh, and now you can play with my MVC RSS sample
- David Ebbo is the dev for the Dynamic Data controls and the author of the Oryx for MVC support in the MVCToolkit.zip.
- Nikhil Kothari has some very cool AJAX\MVC work
- Dave Reed has some good info on the ASP.NET Silverlight support, I am sure he will be updating it soon for this preview..
- Some great info on Astoria.. I mean the ADO.NET Data Services 😉
- Bertrand Le Roy has some information on the AJAX support such as History.. I am sure he will be posting about this release soon as well.