NBA.com launches excellent Silverlight Photo gallery

Check out www.nba.com… over in the left hand column, just under the scores, there is a very nice Silverlight based photo gallery… double chick on the big “play” button and I guarantee you will be sucked into several minutes of awe watching the very crisp, full screen, fast passed, action packed photos stream by..  The page is also a great example of how easy it is to mix and match Silverlight and existing flash content on the same page…

image

Here is just one example…

image

1. Test says:

Check out http://www.nba.com … over in the left hand column, just under the scores, there is a very nice Silverlight

2. Rich says:

I’m really looking forward to using/developing with Silverlight.  I wasn’t really blown away by this example, but I’m glad that companies like the NBA are making use of the tool.

3. tang says:

sorry, i didn’t found it!maybe it was removed…

4. h00pst@r says:

I have 1.1 alpha installed, and I can’t watch this.  It tells me I need 1.0 installed, and when I try to install it it fails and says a newer version is already installed.  This must be a silverlight bug, surely you can upgrade and still view content created in a previous version???

5. Bob Pomeroy says:

The Silverlight 1.1 alpha has a higher version number but in terms of viewing Silverlight 1.0 content the bits are older than the latest Silverlight 1.0 release.

The NBA site requires the latest revision of Silverlight 1.0 which has performance and functional improvements as compared to the 1.1 alpha. You will have to uninstall the 1.1 alpha before installing the latest Silverlight 1.0 release.

We will update the error message to let you know that you need to uninstall the 1.1 alpha if you are trying to install Silverlight 1.0.

And while I’m typing, I just checked out the NBA full screen photo gallery and it looks sweet!

6. Clay Rogers says:

looks great

7. Klik Hier says:

Via de weblog van Brad Adams kwam ik een mooie Silverlight toepassing tegen: een photo gallery op NBA

8. A'anthony Epps says:

somtimes your great but somtimes you suck

Skip to main content