Microsoft Ajax Library on PHP

A reader asked about the reference to running part of ASP.NET AJAX on PHP\Apache in my recent interview… The specific thing I was talking about was running the Microsoft Ajax Library on PHP…

Check out the CodePlex project.. Feel free to jump in and contribute to it.

Here is the “hello, world” for this project..

<?php

$h->ProcessRequest();

?>

index.html:

<html>
<head>
<title>Hello, World!</title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../../MicrosoftAjaxLibrary/MicrosoftAjax.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="HelloService.php/js"></script>
</head>
<body>
Name: <input id="name" type="text" />
<input type="button" value="Say Hello" onclick="button_click(); return false;" />
<br />
Response from server: <span id="response"></span>
</body>
<script type="text/javascript">
    function button_click() {
        HelloService.SayHello($get('name').value, function (result) {
            $get('response').innerHTML = result;
        });
    }
</script>
</html>

Oh, and if you are interest in PHP, you might want to check out the FastCGI work on IIS to make PHP rock on IIS7.

Enjoy!

1. PohEe.com says:

If it works in PHP, then it works excellent for me in my WordPress project.

2. Tim Jarvis says:

Hi Brad,

Firstly in the interests of disclosure, I work for CodeGear. I don’t want to hijack your blog for marketing, thats not my intent, but i think this is very relevant to your post, have you seen this yet http://www.codegear.com/Products/Delphi/DelphiforPHP/tabid/237/Default.aspx this (about to be released) product is going to rock the php/ajax world.

3. Eric Ramseur says:

Why not just use Phalanger and run any .NET code [ ajax included] in Php and vice versa?  They’ve put the php lib into a .NET language.

Refer : http://tinyurl.com/24xo46

4. As you may know, we have already announced that the IIS team was working with Zend to improve PHP performance

5. Sagi Arsyad says:

beberapa hari lalu, IIS meng-announce kerja sama dengan Zend Team untuk meningkatkan performa PHP di

6. Dflying Chen says:

摘要本期共有10篇文章:在ASP以及非ASP.NETURL中使用ASP.NET安全验证在PHP中使用MicrosoftAjaxLibraryOrcas版本C#语言的新特性:自动属性、对…

7. Max Shumov says:

" Oh, and if you are interest in PHP, you might want to check out the FastCGI work on IIS to make PHP rock on IIS7. "

Thanks! I’ve just started to study PHP and I think that the more articles I’ll read, the better it’ll be for my styding. Am I right?

8. Nikolay I. says:

>I think that the more articles I’ll read, the better it’ll be for my styding. Am I right?

Yes. You’re absolutly right! I’m studying php for half year, and I should say that I have confronted with difficulties, because I had wery few articles.

9. Jacky_xu says: