Want to be my buddy?

The ISV Buddy Program is now part of the MSDN ISV Community Center site.  From this site, ISVs can sign themselves up to be matched with a Microsoft employee as well as find the latest news, insights, and ideas on building solutions on Microsoft platforms.

I signed up to support 2 ISV buddies personally… Should be fun to see who I get matched up with – a lot like a dating service isn’t it!

Seriously, I do hope this effort can help you be better connected to Microsoft and help us be better connected to our customers so that we build better products.

1. Mike Lundell says:

I’m going to school in Salt Lake right now at a school called Northface University. Microsoft is one of the big sponsors i guess you could say along with IBM and Unisys. Anyway, I haven’t really been up to date with all the blogs and such on the msdn site but i’d like to get more into it. Right now we are studying the .net platform mostly c# and xml but I have a feeling if I could get more involved with people only it might just help me get better at everything and learn more of what microsoft is really trying to do. Anyway, you can reach me at workingmike@hotmail.com or just post back on here I guess…

2. Mike Lundell says:

Sorry brad maybe this was the wrong way to post my interests. And, I’m guessing i’m not really in a position to be involved in the ISV program. Just wanted to get involved more. Thanks anyway

3. Sean Malloy says:

Sounds like a really neat idea.

4. David Yack says:

Opps – I guess I don’t get a buddy 🙁

An internal application error has occurred. The Microsoft ISV Buddy team framenet at whitehorse.com has been notified of the error and the problem will be fixed as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft ISV Buddy program,

Microsoft ISV Buddy Team

5. Samuel Jack says:

I got the same error. Should I resubmit, or have my details been saved?

6. same error here…

WM_FYI

thomas woelfer

7. Raymond Lewallen says:

I got the same error msg. When I tried to fill it out again, I got:

You have either been invited by a Microsoft buddy

or have previously requested a Microsoft buddy

and we are working on identifying one for you.

So maybe the request did go through.

8. Raymond Lewallen says:

For those of you who got errors, I received this message back from ISV support:

We’ve experienced some intermittent issues with the system and apologize for any inconvenience. Your Microsoft Buddy request was successfully submitted on the back end and you’ll receive an invitation once an appropriate MSE buddy has been found for you.

9. Brad, you can be my daddy 😉

10. Pieter de Bruin says:

Same error here: 2004-07-08 8:15 GMT+1

An internal application error has occurred. The Microsoft ISV Buddy team framenet@whitehorse.com has been notified of the error and the problem will be fixed as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft ISV Buddy program,

Microsoft ISV Buddy Team

11. Matt says:

I had the same response as Raymond Lewallen, so maybe it works the 2nd time

12. flipdoubt says:

I tried, got the error, then tried again and was told my request had been submitted, so maybe just the results page is messed up.

I wonder when they’re going to run out of bodies to buddy, or if I’m going to be paired with a Microsoft janitor. Still haven’t heard from them.

13. 247Blogging says:

The ISV Buddy Program is now part of the MSDN ISV Community Center site. From this site, ISVs can sign themselves up to be matched with a Microsoft employee as well as find the latest news, insights, and ideas on building solutions on Microsoft platforms