Fresno, CA here I come

Looks like I will be doing a little college recurring at California State University in Fresno on Feb 23 and 24th.   Any tips on Fresno or the university?

I am happy to come talk about WinFX, Managed code, etc at a user group meeting around those times and\or maybe we can get a dinner together?  Let me know or just respond here if you are interested.

1. julie lerman says:

Since INETA hasn’t received their mapquest license yet, I’m having a hard time figuring this out since I don’t know my state geography that well. THere are 28 INETA groups in California. go here http://www.ineta.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=20 and drill into USA, then California. I will contact the User Group Liaison for California there as well.

2. SAMark says:

Well if you want to take a trip up the valley I could arrange something at Sacramento State University with the CS/CE/ and MIS departments. If ya want to… it is about a 2 1/2 trip one way

SAMark

3. James Griffith says:

There is a Student Ambassador to Microsoft for California State University, Fresno. His name is Sean Kraus. Email me if you need his information: jgriffit@cecs.csulb.edu.

4. Alan McBee says:

I live in Fresno — and you’re on for dinner. I’m also a former Microsoftee. Microsoftie. Something like that. 4 years in Developer Support.

I had no idea we already had any kind of "users group," so I have been SERIOUSLY kicking around the idea of starting up a MS Dev SIG around here for a while. Well, your visit is all it takes to kick me into high gear and either find the group, or make a new one.

Susan, you know the FPCUG is, well, it’s not exactly shifting into the developer gear, ya know what I mean? There are, however, definitely enough developers around here to make a worthy group. They’re just largely unconnected.

I’ll take care of getting the word out about your talk.

Tips on Fresno and the CSU campus. Can’t say much on the campus — I don’t spend much time there. Tips On Fresno: there are two mainstays for entertainment: the Tower District, and North Fresno (centered around Riverpark). Which one depends on your tastes.

I’ve emailed you separately with my email address.

Woo! and then Hoo!

5. Jonie says:

what a bunch of geeks

6. DOUGLAS.CLINE.SR says:

I LIVED IN FRESNO ALL MY LIFE BORN AND RAISED!! IT’S THE BEST TOWN IN CALI!!!! I HAVE MUCH MUCH LOVE FOR MY TOWN$$$. FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WE CALL IT THE "NO TOWN". !!!!!!! GO BULLDOG’S GO!!! WERE NOT GEEK’S WERE SUPER FREAK’S LIKE THAT MAN RICK JAMES. "ONE LOVE".