Fresno, CA here I come

Looks like I will be doing a little college recurring at California State University in Fresno on Feb 23 and 24th.   Any tips on Fresno or the university?

I am happy to come talk about WinFX, Managed code, etc at a user group meeting around those times and\or maybe we can get a dinner together?  Let me know or just respond here if you are interested.

1. julie lerman says:

Since INETA hasn’t received their mapquest license yet, I’m having a hard time figuring this out since I don’t know my state geography that well. THere are 28 INETA groups in California. go here http://www.ineta.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=20 and drill into USA, then California. I will contact the User Group Liaison for California there as well.

2. SAMark says:

Well if you want to take a trip up the valley I could arrange something at Sacramento State University with the CS/CE/ and MIS departments. If ya want to… it is about a 2 1/2 trip one way

SAMark

3. James Griffith says:

There is a Student Ambassador to Microsoft for California State University, Fresno. His name is Sean Kraus. Email me if you need his information: jgriffit@cecs.csulb.edu.

4. Alan McBee says:

I live in Fresno — and you’re on for dinner. I’m also a former Microsoftee. Microsoftie. Something like that. 4 years in Developer Support.

I had no idea we already had any kind of "users group," so I have been SERIOUSLY kicking around the idea of starting up a MS Dev SIG around here for a while. Well, your visit is all it takes to kick me into high gear and either find the group, or make a new one.

Susan, you know the FPCUG is, well, it’s not exactly shifting into the developer gear, ya know what I mean? There are, however, definitely enough developers around here to make a worthy group. They’re just largely unconnected.

I’ll take care of getting the word out about your talk.

Tips on Fresno and the CSU campus. Can’t say much on the campus — I don’t spend much time there. Tips On Fresno: there are two mainstays for entertainment: the Tower District, and North Fresno (centered around Riverpark). Which one depends on your tastes.

I’ve emailed you separately with my email address.

Woo! and then Hoo!

5. Jonie says:

what a bunch of geeks

6. DOUGLAS.CLINE.SR says:

I LIVED IN FRESNO ALL MY LIFE BORN AND RAISED!! IT’S THE BEST TOWN IN CALI!!!! I HAVE MUCH MUCH LOVE FOR MY TOWN$$$. FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW WE CALL IT THE "NO TOWN". !!!!!!! GO BULLDOG’S GO!!! WERE NOT GEEK’S WERE SUPER FREAK’S LIKE THAT MAN RICK JAMES. "ONE LOVE".

Skip to main content