Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 – coming to a download site near you!

Good news! Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and the SQL Server April CTP are on their way.  The Beta 2 build is currently being prepped to go live on MSDN subscriber downloads.  If you have been desperately waiting for these bits (and I know I have) then your wait should be over by the early part of next week. 🙂

[Update 16 Apr] Looks like the bits went live overnight.  Let the download begin.

1. Ian Ceicys says:

Can I just give you a collective community shout for joy!!!! Beta 2 finally….It may be 2 weeks late at this point but atleast its good to finally know that its coming out!!

🙂 🙂 🙂

Go Live license…..so sexy!!!!

2. Matt says:

I second the shout. I wish it was coming today though, now what am I supposed to do with my weekend? 😛

3. Rich says:

Go Live with some XHTML! (drool)

4. Son of a! I just finished downloading and installing february ctp yesterday. *grumble grumble*

Looking forward to it though.

5. "I wish it was coming today though, now what am I supposed to do with my weekend?"

Err….downloading? 🙂

Immagine a huge ammount of "hungry" developers invading MSDN bandwith…

6. JT says:

Mark – Do you expect it will be available today?

JT

7. Puggy says:

I wonder if the April CTP of SQL2005 will have a golive license too.

8. SQL Server April CTP today???

9. James Hancock says:

Now if the actual real beta testers could download it on beta.microsoft.com instead of having to buy an MSDN subscription, that would be a real step forward!

10. Gregory A. Beamer says:

Bits out on MSDN tonight (as of 8:30 PM CST (-6 GMT)). I do not see the SQL Server April CTP as a separate download, but it is needed by the Team System bits, so I would imagine it is in the DVD.

11. Asaf says:

I am very excited about the news. But Mark, tell me, what If I am not an MSDN person, i was able to order a CD for VS2005 BETA 1, what do you suggest.

THanks,

Asaf

12. It looks like that the April CTP of SQL Server 2005 is very close. According to Mark Bower, a Microsoft…

Skip to main content