MPViewer 1.6 – Exporting to Excel

This updated version of MPViewer will allow you to export data to Excel in addition to the HTML format which was available before. Now that you are able to export to excel, I hope it will make it easier to understand MP contents.

This update also includes my first stab at retrieving configuration of event log rules (collection and alerting). This will retrieve the following properties from “simple” rules:

EventId,EventSource,LogName

What I mean by “simple” rules is rules that filter by one event ID, and one source. I will try to add support for more complex rules in a later version.

As always, feedback is appreciated.

MPViewer.zip

1. This is so sweet! This new version of MP Viewer allows you to export data to Excel in addition to the

2. Avi says:

Thank you so much! One of our requirements is to be able to show all possible alerts that can be generated from a given pack. Looking forward to the next version to detect multiple EventID rules 🙂

3. Avi says:

One more question – Is there any way to show what the threshold for a monitor is? For example, the "Available Megabytes of Memory" monitor in the Server 2003 pack generates an "Error" alert, but doesn’t show at what threshold the alert will be generated. Is there a way to capture that to understand what value will trigger alert?

4. Jon G says:

Thank you so much for this! It has saved me hours of hunting through management packs to find where I accidentally put a rule!

5. Ajmal Khan says:

Great! Thank you so much Sir, I really need something like this.

6. ziembor says:

How to export to XLS form command line? none of resonable method dont help:

mpviewer mp.xml mp.xml.xls (and other suffices) always givss HTML on output. Is there possible to document MP unattedned using XLS?

7. borisyan says:

Unfortunately its not possible in the current version, but it will be possible in the next one.