The Microsoft patterns & practices group has released an excellent Knowledge Base for Application Architecture on CodePlex. The App Arch guide provides design-level guidance for the architecture and design of applications built on the .NET Framework. It focuses on the most common types of applications, partitioning application functionality into layers, components, and services, and walks through their key design characteristics.This guide is a collaborative effort between patterns & practices, product teams, and industry experts. See J.D. Meier’s blog post for additional information.
- Subscribe to J.D. Meier’s blog to see project news. J.D. Meier’s RSS feed: http://blogs.msdn.com/jmeier/rss.xml
- Watch the videos (see the Videos below)
- Browse the Knowledge Base (KB). The KB is a collection of nuggets such as guidelines, checklists, patterns … etc.
- Give feedback by participating in the discussions and adding comments on the Wiki pages.
- 09/10/08 – Guidelines for Arch/Design, Presentation, Business, and Services Layer added.
- 09/03/08 – Scenario Frames added.
- Video Index
- Video: Explained – What is the MVC Pattern? (length: 6:25, size: 3.7 MB)
- Video: How To – Use the MVC Pattern in ASP.NET (length: 5:34, size: 3.8 MB)
- Video: Explained – What is the MVP Pattern? (length: 6:24, size: 3.7 MB)
- Video: How To – Use the MVP Pattern in ASP.NET (length: 5:20, size: 3.9 MB)
These are pages our team uses during the project: