The folks over at Pluralsight are offering an intensive 4-day course on BizTalk Server 2006 R2 at the Waltham, MA Microsoft Technology Center. If you are involved in interoperability projects or service oriented architecture then this course is for you.
BizTalk Server 2006 is Microsoft’s integration and business process management server offering based on .NET 2.0. BizTalk Server 2006 R2 is a release of BizTalk Server that brings it into the .NET 3.0 world, with integration between BizTalk and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Workflow Foundation (WF). R2 also includes full support for EDI, including both X12 and EDIFACT schema support, as well as support for EDI transaction batching. It also includes BizTalk RFID, which will enable integration between software and objects in the physical world.
- R2 Overview
- WCF for BizTalk developers
- RFID Devices and Process
- EDI support for X12 and EDIFACT
- .NET Adapter Framework
- WF for BizTalk developers
- BAM Interceptors for WF and WCF
- Using .NET Adapters outside of BizTalk
- Publishing WCF metadata
- Enabling EDI batching
- Transactions with WCF and BizTalk
- Using the SqlSink and RuleEnginePolicyExecutor with RFID
- EDI acknowledgement configuration
- Using Parties for EDI processing
- When to use a OOB WCF Adapter versus building a .NET Adapter
Who Should Attend
Developers already familiar with BTS 2006 who are interested in learning about the new features found in BTS 2006 R2 and its support for key .NET 3.0 technologies.
Experience programming in C# using Visual Studio .NET and working knowledge of XML and Web services terminology is required. Experience with BTS 2006 is also required.
What you should expect to learn:
How to use the feature set in R2 to become a more effective BizTalk and service developer. You also will learn when and how to deploy specific R2 features, like the WCF adapters versus a .NET Adapter. In additional you will learn how RFID may fit into your enterprise by allowing you to integrate physical objects in the same way you can integrate applications with BizTalk Server.
Questions this course will answer:
- What is included in BizTalk R2?
- How does the WCF Adapter work in BizTalk R2?
- What is BizTalk RFID and how does it relate to BizTalk Server?
- How to use the WCF adapter in R2 for maximum performance?
- How can I use BAM to instrument my services end to end?
- Can I create both asynchronous and synchronous RFID applications?
- How can RFID events be passed to BizTalk Server?
- How can I use the WCF adapters with transactions?
- When do I use a WCF Adapter versus a .NET Adapter?
- How is the EDI support in R2 implemented?
- How to use Continuations with BAM and the R2 interceptors?
For more information on offerings of this course, contact Pluralsight.