Last week, it was released the SP3 of SQL Server 2008:
The following article includes the list of issues that are fixed by the SP3:
A few key enhancements for customers in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 3 are:
- Enhanced upgrade experience from previous versions of SQL Server to SQL Server 2008 SP3. In addition, we have increased the performance & reliability of the setup experience.
- In SQL Server Integration Services logs will now show the total number of rows sent in Data Flows.
- Enhanced warning messages when creating the maintenance plan if the Shrink Database option is enabled.
- Resolving database issue with transparent data encryption enabled and making it available even if certificate is dropped.
- Optimized query outcomes when indexed Spatial Data Type column is referenced by DTA (Database Tuning Advisor).
- Superior user experience with Sequence Functions (e.g Row_Numbers()) in a Parallel execution plan.
SQL Server 2008 SP3 contains the cumulative updates of SQL Server 2008 SP2 cumulative update package 1 to 4, and fixes to issues that have been reported through our customer feedback platforms. These include supportability enhancements and issues that have been reported through Windows Error Reporting.
(from SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 3 download page)
It was already published the first Cumulative Update (CU1) that aligns with CU5 and CU6, already released for SQL Server 2008 SP2: