In the continuation of our Business Intelligence series in our Ezequiel Blog, I’m making this post to announce the release of SharePoint 2010 SP1 and the new features that have been included.
From a BI perspective there are several functionalities and features that have been fixed or added to the product. You can go the PerformancePoint Services team site which gives you the full documentation for this new release:
What’s New in PerformancePoint Services and SP1?
Some of the new features included are:
- PerformancePoint Scorecard Annotation Improvements
- Configure cascading filters and Apply Filter button by using Dashboard Designer
- When you deploy a dashboard, the previous version goes to SharePoint's Recycle Bin
- Performance improvements in cached memory consumptions and CPU load in Analysis Services
- PPS to support database failover and the ability for administrators to name the PPS database
I hope to post in the next couple of weeks how to create and configure cascading filters by using Dashboard Designer.
See you soon,
Disclaimer: I hope that the information on these pages is valuable to you. Your use of the information contained in these pages, however, is at your sole risk. All information on these pages is provided "as -is", without any warranty, whether express or implied, of its accuracy, completeness, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement, and none of the third-party products or information mentioned in the work are authored, recommended, supported or guaranteed by Ezequiel. Further, Ezequiel shall not be liable for any damages you may sustain by using this information, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential, even if it has been advised of the possibility of such damages.