In response to customer requests, we just published the Smart Client Software Factory April 2008 Alpha release to CodePlex. As I mentioned in a previous blog we are close to finishing this release. The current plan is to go out with EntLib 3.1 support as we are not taking advantage of new EntLib 4.0 features such as Unity. If you have a compelling reason for us to delay the release for EntLib 4.0 we want to hear from you soon so we have time to consider the change.
New in this release:
- The April 2008 release of the Smart Client Software Factory includes support for Visual Studio 2008. This release does not support Visual Studio 2005.
- We fixed a few bugs that were identified by the community.
- Requires Guidance Automation Extensions 1.4.
- April 2008 Guidance Package can run side-by-side with the May 2007 Guidance Package.
- If the SCSF source is installed on the default path, compiling Quickstarts.WPFIntegration.sln will fail with path too long error.
- If the SCSF source is installed on the default path, compiling GuidancePackage.sln will fail with path too long error.
- Unit tests of CompositeUI.WPF.Tests project (in CompositeUI-WPFExtensions.sln) will fail when executed under debug mode.
Note: This is an alpha release and still has known bugs. We have not completed testing the factory. Use at your own risk.