Smart Client Software Factory – May 2007 Release is Live

We are excited that you can now download the SCSF – May 2007 release. The new release provides support for .NET 3.0. The release is propagating to the download servers and should be available when you read this. If not, be patient and try a little later.

The release provides:

• Windows Presentation Foundation interoperability CAB extensions  and View with presenter recipe
  • Offline application blocks and recipes; the application blocks support asynchronous calls to WCF web services.
  • Richer ClickOnce Deployment capabilities
  • Enhanced guidance packages which includes code generation Visual Basic .NET 2005
  • Improved installation with a new dependency checker

Here are instructions to install the factory. We created a new Getting Starting topic on Codeplex. This topic includes instructions to create a Hello World Application with the factory.

Check it out and let us know how you like it.

1. malovicn says:

I’m so excited to hear that. Event which I’m waiting for last couple of months finally cames.

Excellent!

2. Yes! We finally shipped it! It took us a little more time than what we expected but I’m very excited

3. Recien salido del horno, la version de Mayo de 2007 de Smart Client Software Factory (SCSF) ya esta disponible.

4. .NET Geek says:

We are using the CAB and SCSF and we have been waiting for this release for some time. More info on the

5. Arno's Blog says:

Smart Client Software Factory est à présent disponible en version Release ! Les nouveautés : Support

6. El equipo de Smart Client a liberado una nueva “versión” de su Software Factory, el…

7. Blaine Wastell – patterns & practices client architecture guidance Smart Client Software Factory

8. (Do post do Blaine Wastell e do post do Mariano Szklanny ) Podem descarregar a SCSF – distribuião de

9. Another week has shot by. Didn’t have any time to look at Silverlight although I have managed to download

10. Enhancements include: Windows Presentation Foundation interoperability CAB extensions and View with presenter

11. We (finally) shipped the May 2007 version of SCSF. I should have posted earlier, but I needed a short

12. developer@aecoffice.com says:

I am getting the Error Code 2869 during installation. I have all the required and optional packages installed. (Vista Ultimate + VS 2005 Pro)

13. Finally, Smart Client Software Factory – May 2007 is out there ( here in Microsoft Download Center ).

14. Here is the latest version of the Smart Client Software Factory . If you have implemented SCSF or CAB,

15. xtoff says:

Hey, I have a problem installing this factory. I blogged about it yesterday. Any solution, workaround to this?

16. samiam says:

I have tried to install the May release and get the following error at the end of the installation:

The project factory VisualBasic is not registered, template C:Program FilesMicrosoft Smart Client factoryGuidance PackageTemplatesProjectsModule.Business.Tests.VBModule.Tests.vstemplate cannot be installed.

I have all the dependancies in place. Any Ideas?

17. blaine says:

If you install the Guidance Automation you need VB.NET installed on your machine. If you  install the Documentation and/or Factory source code you should not need VB.NET installed on your machine. Once you have the Factory source code installed, you can build and register the guidance package which provides the same functionality you would get when you install the Guidance Automation.

We are in the process of adding content to http://www.codeplex.com/smartclient that provides detailed steps of how complete this process. It should be available early next week.

18. I am behind on my blog posting the last few days as I have been slammed with WCSF vNext planning. One

19. So I just realized the latest SCSF has been released. This is a software package that we’ve been…