[I’ve very sorry, i’ve lost the source link. If anyone knows the origin, please let me know]
Hundreds of thousands of candles of hope. How could any President ignore this, blame this in a country of democracy? The cabinet has submitted their resignation, but the President says nothing useful. Still no appologies or any policy change.
Here’s what he actually said that day:
- I’m also one of the person who participated in the democratization of this country.
- I know what the people want. The people are worried about the cabinet’s vacancy. We will do our best to decrease the impact.
- China is also having a crisis but their people and the government is cooperating to overcome the crisis. We should also do so.
- The government is on a new start with new determination.
Is this a joke? Who should really resign?
The police blames the people for desecrating the Korean flag. The media reported that it wasn’t the people who put the flag but got phone calls from the police that they are distorting the truth. After a citizen uploaded a video showing the police putting up the flag by their own, they changed their words and sent a new presskit.
Compared to the protest being 500~800 thousand, the people favoring the President had less than ten thousand gathered. The major media(Chosun, JoongAng, DongA) “again” distorts the protest story and reports this as a “vs” situation. I didn’t see even one anti-protesters that day. Also there was absolutely no reference to any anti-US whatsoever, but those papers reports the possibility. These kind of distortion is being recognised among the people and resulting in income decrease for those media. They are blaming their income decrease using more distortion.
- Mommys get phone call threats saying: “If I see any baby carriage in the protest, i’ll kidnap your baby right away.”
- Guide document from “Ministry of public administartion and security” for yesterday’s protest: Ask for cooperation from Farmers/Fishermans/Environmental party’s not to come to Seoul, cooperate with korcham to let corporates control their workers not to come to Seoul, let officeholders not participate in the protest. It is told that these kind of guidelines are always being sent whenever a big gathering is scheduled.